- The Library is located on the High School end of the building in the back. You have to go out the double doors by Room 9 to get to the Library. The Library is a place where quiet voices should be used. This is expected in all Libraries, plus there are classrooms and offices nearby.
- We have a modest Library with no automated check-out services or full time Media Specialist. I take care of the Library as best I can with my other duties and I have to be able to count on others to do the right thing when it comes to respecting the Library rules. Check-out will be done this year by writing down the titles of the books that you or your students check out in the provided folder.
- Every year, before any class will be allowed down to the Library they will need to participate in a Library Orientation - this orientation will include all the students and both of the teachers. Schedule your Library Orientation as soon as possible so that the Library will be open to you. If you would like to set up a regular Library schedule, that will be possible. Walk-ins are also welcome as long as you are not intruding on the scheduled time of another class.
- Teachers who would like to check out large numbers of books need to check with me. I would be delighted to help you to gather a collection of books for your classroom or for a special project. I can create a collection that you can keep for an extended period of time to use for your classroom library or for a shorter period of time while you are teaching a particular topic.
- We have a wonderful Professional Library from which staff can check out books. We have several very recent and relevant volumes and are continually adding to our collection.
- The Library also has many of the texts that are featured in the SCCPSS reading units for all grades.